Tuesday, January 31, 2012

For Owen: A Month of Sundays


Two Sundays have passed since I last made an entry. Two Sundays have passed since my wife gave birth to my son—a fine excuse for neglecting a blog in my book. No less, here I am again, posting on a Tuesday night. It might as well be Sunday morning for all I know, I have not had a full night’s sleep since…


For some time now I have been dreaming up a reason to create a month long, daily entry: A Month of Sundays. I even considered waiting until February just so I could pull it off with a little less work. (Jokes on me this year I suppose.) I now have the best reason I could possibly hope for, the first 29 albums experienced by Owen Thomas. Each day in February I will post another album that I have spun for my boy. Depending on my state, I may even write a little something about it. Hopefully this chronicle will remain on the information super speedway until he can one day find it. There may be some repeats of what I have already posted. That should only underscore the importance of those records in my opinion. I have kept a tally of the records that he has heard since he came into this world, merely buying me some time as I learn to cope with sleep deprivation and allowing me to keep up with this particular project.


Thank you for following along thus far. I hope you enjoy this foray into the world of recorded music. So, hold on to your hats and glasses, this here is the wildest ride in the west…

No comments:

Post a Comment